Scanner Radio PRO allows you to listen to live audio from over 4,100 police and fire scanners, weather radios and amateur radio repeaters from around the world on your phone.
- View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance.
- View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners.
- View list of scanners added most recently.
- Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
- Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre.
- Enable notifications to be notified when lots of people are listening to any scanner. You can also be notified when scanners located near you have more than a certain number of listeners.
- Add Scanner Radio Pro widgets and shortcuts to your phone’s home screen for quick access.
- Add a “Scanner Radio Pro Favorite” shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
- Listen to Broadcastify.com’s audio archives to listen to audio that’s been archived over the past 30 days.
- You *must* have an account on Broadcastify.com and purchase their “Premium Membership” ($15 for 6 months) in order to access their archives using the app. One use for this feature is to have a scanner feed begin playing when your phone connects to a specific Bluetooth device and then have it stop when the connection to that Bluetooth device is no longer present.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app :
- The ads are removed.
- The ability to record the audio.
- The Pro version allows you to adjust the sound of the audio via an equalizer (Version 4.x of the app only, does not work on the Galaxy S4).
- The Pro version adds player controls to the lock screen. (Version 4.x of the app only)
- The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening without having to go to the player screen.
- With the “Scanner Radio Pro Locale PlgIn” plug-in is also installed, you can have Locale/Tasker launch the app and have one of your Favorites automatically begin playing based on one or more conditions or have the app stop playing.
- The audio is provided by volunteers using real scanner radios.
What’s New :
- Added the ability to sort your list of favorites by the number of listeners in descending order.
- Fixed a bug which would cause the player to disconnect shortly after connecting after changing feeds or after stopping and starting the same feed.
- Fixed a couple of bugs that could cause Force Close’s.
Varies with device
January 28, 2014
220.127.116.11 / Varies with device
p style=”text-align:center;”>Please leave a comment for Broken Links.